The main points:
- Co-teaching is a partnership that will not grow, develop or thrive without successful communication
- Need to suspend judgment and really take in what co teaching partne is saying before making assumptions or dismissing
- Clarify and confirm what you think is begin said- don't make assumptions
- Ask questions
- Look for common ground
- Remember change is stressful
I've gone back and re-read this article a few times since posting it in the school forums.
Even though Jono and I had done lots of talking and planning together and have a common ground and a trust and a good degree of communication, the fact that we hadn't really taught together before and that I was teaching by myself in the classroom or the first five weeks, has meant that some degree of negotiation and lots of talking has been needed to move forward as a team. I think we've probably moved quite fast given the planning and level of communication we have but it hasn't al been easy and its definitely been stressful t times. But like I said in my blogpost back in February two heads is definitely better than one and the kids are now experiencing much more enhanced leanrign experiences because of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment